VLP Modification Service
As a leading global provider of custom services, CD BioSciences has always been committed to providing highly customized and integrated solutions with the best quality to advance projects. Our experienced scientists are happy to meet each specific customer requirement and provide the most appropriate solution.
BioSciences has a sophisticated VLPlantTM platform and extensive experience in providing virus-like particles (VLPs) modification services through genetic fusion and chemical conjugation methods to produce chimeric VLPs, which helps customers in the development of vaccines, nanomaterials and diagnostic reagents.
Advantages of VLPs as a Biological Vector
An ideal biocarrier should have characteristics such as targeted delivery, biocompatibility, solubility and absorbability properties. As a nanoscale material VLPs have the following advantages.
- VLPs can easily be produced on a large scale using existing expression systems.
- VLPs are capable of corresponding cellular transport through modifications at the gene level (genetic fusion) or at the protein level (chemical conjugation).
- VLPs have good banding ability due to their large surface area with many amino acid residues.
- VLPs are self-assembled by viral structural proteins under appropriate conditions and have large cavities capable of encapsulating many biomolecules, thus expanding the applications of these biomolecules.
- Due to their dodecahedral or icosahedral structure, VLPs are thermodynamically stable.
VLPs Surface Functionalization
The surface of VLPs must be extensively modified with ligands (various biomolecules) to enable them to provide different functions as a delivery vehicle. These ligands can provide specific cellular localization, reduce immune responses, and potentially promote extravasation. VLPs can display inserted peptides or proteins by genetic fusion, and the majority of chemical conjugation modifications of VLPs are covalent linkages. Covalent linkage utilizes its own or unnatural active amino acids.
A schematic of assembly VLPs. (Yan D, et al., 2015)
CD BioSciences provides global customers with genetic fusion and chemical conjugation methods. If you are interested in our services, please contact us for more details.
Advantages of Our Service
As a leading global provider of custom services, CD BioSciences has a long history of providing global clients with VLP modification service and is adept at solving the difficulties and challenges encountered during the experimental process.
Throughout the service period, from project consultation to delivery of results, we are in constant contact with our clients, helping them discuss problems encountered during experiments with our experienced scientists and updating solutions in real time to meet their needs.
CD BioSciences will work closely with customers to provide the highest quality highly customized integrated solutions and provide fast and high-quality services to global customers at the most competitive prices. We have the ability and confidence to adopt the best experimental solutions to meet your needs.
- Yan, D.; et al., The application of virus-like particles as vaccines and biological vehicles. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2015, 24:10415-10432.